Thursday, October 21, 2004

Total Humiliation.....

So...we have just moved to the city from the country and we are all finding a bit of an adjustment. None of us however as much as our Lab/Border Collie. Since being here, he has packed on a few pounds which we need to get rid of, become more wound up etc. Because of this I have been walking for extended periods of time with him at night. Last night was no exception. His behaviour however was a completely different story. No way was he going to walk in a civilized manner like all of the other dogs and owners that we meet each night... No, he decided to land me flat on my side in the middle of the road! I'm not quite sure how he managed it , but nonetheless, there I was in the middle of Eisner Dr with who knows how many witnesses outside and looking through living room windows. Needless to say, that was the end of our walk. As I picked myself up, quite sure I was seriously busted , I was fighting the urge to burst into tears. I managed to get myself home( and the dog although he's lucky to be in one piece) and carry on with my life. At least til tonight when we will try again but this time not til well after dark.

4 comments:

Margie said...

Poor Jake... oh and how are you? Pride feeling better yet?
Love you!!!

pumpkinhead said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pumpkinhead said...

You are a very entertaining blogger! I'm looking forward to future postings!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. We have a bassador (basset hound/lab) that our 17 y.o. dragged home from the pound a few months ago. He has been a pain from day 1! He has shredded his papers that prove he has had his shots, he has taken off outside (he managed to dart out when someone opened the door) & had us chasing him all over the neighborhood (luckily one of our neighbors has a fenced yard, knew who he was & "captured" him for us), broken his 1st collar our daughter got him & got loose (luckily our next door neighbor got a hold of him until we could get him), has yanked the leash out of my hand & taken off. We have tried posting ads on Freecycle but no one wants him. It looks like we're stuck w/him :(. It also looks like I'll have to train him myself because every place that will teach me to train him wants proof of his shots. I guess I could hand them the "puzzle" as proof.

By the way, I'm a on-line friend of Perri's.