Tuesday, August 02, 2005

OOPS!!!!

My grandmother who is 84 has ended up with shingles. She is a very frail little being to begin with and she is now down to 70.5lb. Sam, my birthmom and I went to take her supper last night and while we were sitting there chatting we hear this very loud "Health call in progress, please wait, health call in progress please wait." This went on for a minute all of us a little confused. She has a lifeline thing set up so we figured they were just testing it. Next thing we hear is someone calling my grandmothers name through the special phone asking if she was ok. My birthmom says that all is well and that we hadn't called, then we look around the room and see Sam under the coffee table grinning, and Grandmothers Lifeline hanging from her walker. Sam had pressed the lifeline and of course they were responding. Glad to know it works, now if only we could get her to wear the stupid thing! She's afraid of it strangling her and her wrist is too thin to have it on a watch type strap.

The next time I go out I think I will go minus any kids!

No comments: