Friday, November 04, 2005

Tell me.....

How it is that Samuel managed to get himself stuck under the stove? I was downstairs switching laundry, and talking on the phone with Karen when I heard screaming from upstairs. I ran up as fast as my old lady knees would take me to find Sam tucked as close to the stove as possible, one arm underneath. I got down beside him and tried to pull him out, but it wouldn't budge. Not really familiar with the underside of a stove, I wasn't sure if he could have it caught in something so I didn't want to yank too hard and what I was doing was making him cry harder. Karen was still on the phone so I asked her to talk to Sam while I ran next door to get help lifting the stove.
As I'm leaving the house I hear him saying to Karen..."no I'm not fine! I'm stuck...." Come to find out later she had asked him not if he was fine but rather could he hear her!

Tracey came right over and we lifted the stove without too much trouble and Sam was free. He almost immediately started to laugh. Goon! He had been chasing a silly rubber bouncy ball! I knew I didn't like those foolish things. Anyway, all is well and we are back to our normal selves again.......

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh those darn bouncy balls cause so much trouble! Glad everything turned out okay. Good thing you know your neighbors.