Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A new chapter begins....

Daniel heading off bright and early (7:16) to catch his bus to Middle School....
Claire and Sam geared up and ready to go....
Autumn and Claire glad to be in the same class this year...
Sam getting his name tag...we are thrilled that he has Mrs. Dellapinna! Claire had her and she was fabulous!

Today I sent my Daniel off on another adventure. Middle school, in another community via bus. He was soooo keen this morning that he had no problem getting up at six. Perhaps tomorrow I'll let him sleep in. Today Claire got to get back in the routine she loves so much. Piano started yesturday and school today, so she is a very happy girl. Today Samuel started primary. The past five years have flown by, and I can't get them back. I am so excited for him and all that he will experience this year but I am sad also. I am home alone for the first time in eleven years and it is far too quiet! Volunteering at the school will likely start up next week and I am looking forward to that. However, I realize that another chapter has closed and a new one just begining. I wonder what the next number of years will bring, how the kids will change, how I will change. I wonder and I wipe away a stray tear. Change is good but it is also so hard on my heart....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Your kids have grown so much over the summer! Wow. Well, at least you got through today. I actually like the fact that we don't get bussing this year. It means I get more daily contact with my son, driving him to and from school. Well, I say that now. I'll probably change my tune in January...

Tee/Tracy said...

I really identify with this post. It's sad and happy and scary all at the same time.

My oldest has to use the bus to go to his new Intermediate school, too. So far everything has gone fine but I was so nervous about it!

Mrs. Darling said...

I dont think Ive ever checked this blog of yours. I always go to the gardening one.

Love the kid pics.