Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Excuse me pretty lady"...

...is what I was greeted with this morning at the corner store by some guy wanting to pass by me and the peanuts! Oh yes, that's me! One stunning goddess all wrapped up in the guise of a frumpy mom! I had to walk away from the things I was looking at for fear of laughing in his face. Tracey paid for her stuff and when we got outside and I told her what he had said we both burts into fits of laughter not understood by the boys. He was a rugged handsome guy which I find oh so very appealing so I guess I could take it as a compliment but oh my!!!! Anyhoo..... off we trundled home where I proceeded to bake and cut out leaves for our thanksgiving tree. But for just a moment this morning I felt like someone other than me.

Sam had a haircut last week, and although he wasn't keen on it, when all was said and done I guess he didn't think it was short enough as he has taken the scissors to it himself and chopped off a good chunk in front! He looks fabulous now I must say!

Brian came by the other day and we trimmed lots of branches that were overhanging the back yard making it really shaded and wet. The yard looks so much more open now and the gardens are getting a good bit more sun. The kids were thrilled when they came home from school and realized that the truck was loaded and ready for them to jump in. Sam and Claire stacked all of the logs under the deck by themselves...Now if only I could get the rest of the jobs done that need doing back there I would be all set!

We have been enjoying fabulous summer weather for the last week, making it hard to believe that thanksgiving is just a week away.

4 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Fabulous summer weather for a whole week? I just might hate you. Well, not you exactly, but you know what I mean.

Jodi said...

Well pretty lady, I bet your backyard is looking pretty now too! :)

I think I am going to start celebrating your thanksgiving too so I can have two of them. Yummy! We must be getting your thanksgiving weather cause it sure has been cold here.

Jamie Dawn said...

Our weather has been nice too. It has cooled down some and has not been so humid. It has stayed in the mid 80's or so (Farenheit), and I love the mild weather.
This past week has been busy. I usually have been trying to post twice a week, but only got one it this week. I have one ready to post, but Blogger is not letting me post it. I will try again later.
I think the "pretty lady" comment was a well deserved one. Take it and smile! You are lovely inside and out.
Hide the scissors from Sam.

Tee/Tracy said...

This post totally made me smile. Blessings, blessings, blessings. I need some of that positiveness to rub off on me. The kidlets are beautiful. Nice to have a sunny yard to play in and to be called "Pretty Lady". LOL. I would have laughed, too.