Thursday, May 12, 2005

Anyone seen my brain?!?

My brain has gone missing! Yesturday I went to the valley and did some garden shopping for bushes with some friends. I came home in the afternoon, planted said bushes, brought in the laundry and was contemplating supper when I was handed a birthday invitation for Claire. I walked over to the calender to write it on and noticed that the following weekend there is another party for a little boy. When I saw that I thought of his father and remembered that it was his party night and that I was supposed to be bringing the cake! This was at 4:30 the party was to be at 7:00. I was frantic but managed to get it together. Of course, I didn't have a sitter and Hud had a meeting so the frantic pace started again as I had to search out a sitter. Hud managed to get one and it all worked out fine.

Today I had a great day of getting stuff done. Even got a load of wash out only to have it re-washed by mother nature. Oh well...tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. It can dry then. Daniel arrived home from school and I looked at his agenda and he had written...doors open 6:15, concert at 7:00 WHAT?????? The spring concert and open house is tonight? Yes mom it's tonight. Where have I been? Am I that disconnected from the happenings around me that I am missing out? I never used to forget stuff like this. I panicked again thinking he was going to need to wear a white shirt and black pants. He says he can wear whatever. Lets hope he's right. I have a hair appointment at 4:45 then I need to grab the sitter who I got fast then realized I didn't really need as the others can join us for the concert as it is early.

I guess I need to take a deep breath and try to get myself collected in the brain department. Maybe when I go for my bone density test they can also scan to see if I even have a brain in there at all!

No comments: