Friday, May 20, 2005

Tragedy!

This morning we received word that a friend of ours died in her sleep. They think perhaps a clot took her young life. They are performing an autopsy today. She is a mom with two very young girls. Her husband is distraut to say the least. All day today I have gone around feeling sick. Another friend and I started phoning other people in the church which I think is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Dealing with my own grief and then the grief of those I was talking with. Most were in shock. I almost felt as though I were spreading a horrible lie. In fact I called the person back that had called me to confirm what she had said and then checked Huds e-mail again.

We take our lives and our time with our children so for granted. None of us expect to go to bed one night and not wake up the next morning. Please hug your children and spouses extra hard tonight and say a prayer for Paul, and little Emma and Annie.

No comments: