Friday, December 23, 2005

oh my, oh my......

A visit to my Gram's is never dull, but at Christmas we always have a special time. Today we went for brunch. Her home is a lovely little winterized cottage, not so child proof that I can totally relax! Anyhoo, we arrived at 9:30 this morning and right away she serves egg nog. Now there was some child friendly nog, but ours was far from kid proof. Two large glasses later on an empty stomach and I was near done. We then sat down to brunch. I ended up sending the hooligans outside so we could have some quiet and mellow adult conversation. Of course, after brunch we had to have a couple of slippery nipples. Very yummy, but oh my, I'm thinking I now need a LONG nap.

I have plopped the kids in front of the TV to watch a movie, Hud has left for work and I am just going to putter VERY slowly about the house getting ready for our open house tomorrow.......

Hope you are all ready for the joyous season nearly upon us and that you are all able to sit back and relax with your dear family and friends. Cheers to all of you!!!

2 comments:

Perri said...

what is a slippery nipple?

Alison said...

A slippery nipple is a drink made with Bailey's and Sambuca. Very tasty.....However, we don't stock alcohol in our house so I only have it on special occasions if someone else is preparing it.