Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's Thursday...

and I don't have thirteen things to say today. (Believe it or not....)

Hud was helping Sam get ready to go outside the other day, and Sam was asking for something. Hud said just a sec. Sam asked again. Hud said give me two secs. Sam replied Dad, do you need lots and lots of secs? We couldn't stop laughing and of course Sam had absolutely no idea why we found it so very funny.

The weather is so spring like again today, everything is melting fast. I have some windows open trying to freshen up the house. I almost think I should hang the sheets and towels out. I am itching to get gardening. We are thinking about redesigning our front porch so that the steps come down on an angle. If we do that, then the gardens will need to be adjusted but it would look 110% better.

Grandmother is as fiesty as ever but becoming increasingly confused. I have not been in to see her since monday as I have a cold. I talked to her on the phone last night and she was talking about the fisheries and all sorts of other non-related things. So sad seeing her lose herself.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha Ha Ha..."lots of secs" That is hilarious! Send it to Readers Digest!

Anonymous said...

we had snow last night and now it's freezing rain, the kids are home on a snow day and really cramping my style, you know what i mean?

Shelley said...

It is a great day out! Sam is so funny! I would send that in to RD like Leslie said!

Jodi said...

I want your weather. We are looking a high's in the single digits this week and next. No spring here for a long time. Boo!

Kimmy said...

I'm sorry about your grandma. That has to be terrible for you.

Be prepared...crazy weather's comin'.

Hope to see you next Thursday.

Beanhead said...

Sorry about your grandmother. I went through this last summer. Great big hugs to you.

Jamie Dawn said...

We parents need lots & lots of secs. Very cute.

When my mom contacted me, she was in Toronto at the time. I don't know where else she was heading.
It will be neat if I find out she will be near you. If she is, I'll have her wave in your direction.

Cori said...

Thats my biggest fear. Losing myself. My family is plagued with it and I aready feel myself losing it! Its scary!