Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OUCH!!!!!

I ache...I spent the afternoon with the neighbor unloading a trailer full of mulch. Tons of mulch. Who knows how many wheelbarrowfulls of it we shovelled. Into the wheelbarrow, onto the garden back to the trailer for another load. The yard and all the air around us smells like manure from yesturdays garden soil extravaganza, and cedar from todays efforts. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled that the country chick has moved in.

Off to the tub I go for a nice long soak.....

5 comments:

Cori said...

And a nice long soak you deserve. What a nice friend you are...shoveling manure all day...

Anonymous said...

my husband gave me the mulch talk tonight, sadly, i'm busy all weekend when it arrives.

Jodi said...

Nothing feels better than sore muscles from a day of hard work. Especially garden work!

Jamie Dawn said...

I hope your sore muscles are on the mend.
That sounds like a lot of work.
A nice, hot bath is a luxury I indulge in often, even if I don't have sore muscles. :)

Philosophical Karen said...

I'll bet the garden looks fabulous. By the way, I have been there, done that with the wheelbarrows. I think that's why we buy bags of mulch now.