Monday, December 04, 2006

There is hope yet....

This weekend has been super busy but it's over now and I can breathe again. Friday night Hud and I were out at a Christmas party. It was so very entertaining, I have not laughed so hard in a long time. Well, I guess I did just last week with Emily but anyhoo.... On our way home I noticed a tree lot had been set up so first thing Saturday morning we took off with the kids and picked out a tree. They delivered it for us while we were at the Alice Housing Christmas party that we hold every year for woman and their children who live at the Alice Housing homes as they are in need of shelter from abusive relationships. The kids and their moms join our youth for bowling and then gather back at the church for a full turkey dinner, and amazing desserts. Santa arrives and the children all receive gifts purchased by people in our congrgation. Each child has two requests met and it is such a gift to watch their eyes light up as they open each present. This year the moms were a group who let the pain of their lives slide for a couple of hours and threw themselves into the festivities. It was a real treat to be with all of them.


On Sunday Craig came and helped us decorate the tree, working with our funky cantankerous lights and endured my singing of the christmas songs.... Hud was glad that I had someone else to torture while he was at work. I was all sung out really by the time he got home. Of course today we have been blessed with some slush falling from the sky, so the music is back on and I am singing away. The house smells festive and the "snow" has my spirits full, not to mention the fact that there is a tree all aglow in my living room.... Family and friends...that's what makes it even more special, this celebration of hope and peace... the window box is somewhat sheltered under the eaves but it still has a sprinkling....

 Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the tree, so beautiful!

Jodi said...

I love the curly ribbon on the tree! Very christmassy!

Briggins said...

I missed the Alice Housing Christmas party this year. I really wanted to go but I had to study for exams.

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh man, that is a pretty tree. I'm all jealous (I mean envious) over here.

Lori said...

Very pretty. Festive. Time for Christmas to be here already!

Andrea with the Flipflops said...

I did my ribon around the tree this year... for something different.


The tree looks amazing and I know the smell... cause I have it happening in my house too!

Michelle said...

What beautiful pictures! I would love to hear your singing ;)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

What a beautiful tree! Glad you're feeling festive and the boys were able to enjoy the snow.