Sunday, June 19, 2005

24 Hours of Freedom....

Friday night my friends from the valley came and got me and we went into the city to the Delta for the night. We used Nancy's aeroplan points to get the room(thanks Nancy), which of course left more money for fun and frivolity! We enjoyed a wonderful meal of Thai food at a new restaurant in Halifax. Huge menu, fabulous spring rolls and curries. The wine wasn't bad either.
We then wandered up Spring Garden Rd, did a little shopping and then hit La Cave for cheesecake. Meandering our way back to the hotel, we kept laughing about the potential for people to pop out of doorways at us etc... We made it safely to the hotel and enjoyed the hot tub for awhile. In so doing, we entertained some guys in the hallway as we were waiting for our elevator in our bathrobes. After some relaxation, we went down to the lounge and mellowed out with some drinks,(sadly there was no one playing the piano for Hooper to sing along with!) then went up to do facials etc....
Karen and I let loose with a whoopie cushion, and actually had Christine in the bathroom gagging and retching. She was sure she had smelled something and was feeling sorry for me as I seemed to have such a serious gastric issue! Of course we couldn't give it up yet and continued on in the morning when we finally felt we could let the truth out. Sorry Hooper, I really do feel bad that you almost puked!
Saturday we went to market, bought a bunch of stuff including a fabulous piece of art, and trellises for my gardens. Brunch was enjoyed by all followed by some walking through the Public Gardens and then the hurricane ravaged Point Pleasant Park. Of course, our shopping wasn't done. We hit a mall and went bra shopping...think of the fun. That pretty well used all of our time, so I was dropped off and they continued on home to the valley. That was tough for me...saying goodbye. I wanted desperatly to go with them, almost wishing we hadn't moved. The time was fabulous but it almost felt as though salt were being dumped on an open wound. Oh well...I'll manage til next year! Thanks girls...you really are the best.

No comments: