Friday, March 11, 2005

Damn the weather!

Why is it that every time I get a chance to do something fun the weather wreaks havoc on me? We didn't go to the valley last night because we ended up with slippery roads due to snow. We are supposed to go away first thing monday morning for spring break and Karen is supposed to arrive here on Sunday but we are expecting 25 cm of snow sat-sun with high winds. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

I ran out for supplies this morning in case we are storm stayed and while out I went to the mall just to see if I could find the kind of winter coat I have been looking for. Nobody had the style I wanted left by the time my birthday money came but I thought I'd give it a go. Well, as luck or whatever you want to call it would have it, Reitmans had ONE coat. Just what I wanted. $160 coat, taxes included $45 and change. I guess it's my day?!?

The insurance adjuster was here today to look at the roof. He tarred it a little as we had plywood exposed. We can patch it but we figure we may as well replace the front of the house. The back and sides are good for another 5-10 yrs and I think we will leave them as they are. The roofers will come at some point today to give us a quote. Could we get anymore exciting?

1 comment:

Cori said...

I am sorry to inform you that you just have to move to California...70 degrees and sunny!!