Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's Over....

and all is quiet. We survived a night and day of hurricane force winds with not too much damage. I thought for sure our big trees were heading into the house but somehow they held fast. I had visions of being pinned on the bed in a compromised position.....
Daniel ended up not having school but we didn't know til he had already gone across the street to meet his friend. So, I ran in my jammies and he decided to stay there. Half an hour later I got a call from the head of the phone tree to have me call my list. A lot of people hadn't caught the cancellation so had sent their kids. The school had not had power all night so I'm not sure why they hadn't cancelled first thing.

Off to the Valley tonight to see a production by the Woman of Wolfville called Bodies Without Borders. Two of my friends are in it, so a few friends here and I are taking a road trip. Should be a good time. Lets just hope the weather holds out til we get there and back safely.

Enjoy the day....

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Your wind must have blown down here as it is really strong today. I had a hard time staying on the road as I drove the girls to school.

Glad you all survived!

Cori said...

Glad everyone is okay and have a great time on your roadtrip!