Saturday, March 26, 2005

Kids!.....People!

We were at the grocery store today, Claire, Sam and I, which in itself is a mistake on a saturday never mind the sat of easter weekend! We were walking down the baking isle so I could get some shortening to make lemon meringue pie. We pulled up next to a lady wearing VERY traditional muslim attire . The only part of her face showing was her eyes. Sam looked at her and declares VERY loudly " I see God mom, I see God" he repeated this over and over only varying it to add that " I see a nice God mom!"
Eventually we made it through the throngs of people to join the super long lines. As I am standing there I suddenly feel as though my chest is getting a draft. Well, as it turns out, Sam had unzipped my sweater so there I was standing there, bra exposed to anyone who cared to check it out.

On a different note entirely... I have been following the Terri Shiavo story very closely and I cannot believe what is happening. We don't get much in the way of the story here in Canada but reading info from the US it is so scary that they can get away with what they are doing to her. Noone is listening that can do anything about it. Why is he so afraid to let them rehabilitate her? Her parents have asked him years ago to move on with his life, they would care for her. He has moved on with another woman with whom he has fathered two children. Why is he so adament. How can they know she cannot be rehabilitated after not trying for 10 years? She is not in a a permanent vegitative state if she can laugh, follow a ballon, pull away when the dr is rubbing her face with a swab, open her eyes when asked to do so....
All the money he was awarded with which he was supposed to rehabilitate her has gone to everything but that.
What kind of world are we living in? It's merciless, starving someone to death. There is a website where you can get all sorts of info www.terrisfight.net

No comments: