Monday, November 15, 2004

And then all was white...

So , as you may recall from my last post, I was in the mood for snow. Well snow we now have! It all started on sat and wasn't supposed to amount to much. Well it ended up being a huge storm, many people lost power until Sun night at suppertime. Our friends in the Valley are still without. We woke up to no power and managed a day without it. I was just about to fry some chicken on the coleman stove when the power came back on. I made it half way through using my regular stove when it kicked out again. Hud just got his hands on the coleman and the power was back. It ended up being on again off again all evening letting you have just enough to get a load of dishes done etc. It went on like that all night and today we have been fine. School was cancelled but I assume all will be back to normal tomorrow. For some reason, they think it will be later this week when the valley is restored. It's only November and we all figure that this is a sign of things to come. Wood stove shopping we must go.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Sam and I are reading this and miss you!