Tuesday, November 02, 2004

So that's why they were so quiet...

I was mopping my floors today, talking at the same time to my dear friend in the valley, unaware of the silence surrounding me. It wasn't until I hung up that I realized that I had actually had a FULL adult conversation with NO interruptions. I went to investigate the activities of my dear sweet children and discovered to my great dismay, that the two charmers had gone on a coloring spree. The catch was however the surfaces of choice. Claire's being her newly painted desk, now decorated with red marker flowers. " I thought it would be pretty mom" And Samuel's being Claire's newly painted walls. Now a "beautiful" impressionist piece spanning all walls in a vibrant yellow. I'm not sure why Crayola feels that their products are washable, but anyway... With a great deal of scrubbing,the walls are back to being pink and the purple desk now only a little beautiful with faint red flowers. I've learned from this that I need to be aware of the silence and that it CAN'T be good

1 comment:

pumpkinhead said...

Oh dear...I have a friend who has a T-shirt for herr son that says 'When I'm quiet, come and find me QUICK'.

It's one of those universal truths, n'est pas?