Thursday, November 25, 2004

It Never Ends!

It's a super blustery day here today, I'm sure it's ranking right up there with Winnie The Pooh's, pelting rain , super winds etc. I'm sitting in the family room with Samuel and all of a sudden I hear drip drip drip.... What on earth?
I go in search of the source and discover to my horror that we do indeed have water entering the house near the air exchange vent! We have dealt with enough water issues in this house thank you. When we moved in and tore up the laundry room floor because it was wet , we discovered a leak in the foundation coming from a crack that ran top to bottom. We had that dealt with and now this. I called Hud and he said he would try to leave in an hour. So for now, I have a huge bowl under where I think it's coming in and we'll just wait and see what happens.

5 comments:

Lori said...

You and Margie have such baaaaaaad luck with water!!!

Margie said...

Water in house = BAD BAD BAD!!!

Anonymous said...

Do we need to send you an Ark?

Andrea

Alison said...

Maybe not an ark yet but someone who could actually figure out where it's coming from would be good. As it turns out, it's running down electrical wires in the unfinished part of the basement but we can't see where it originates and even if we could figure it out we can't caulk it while it is still wet and this weather isn't supposed to end anytime soon.

Alison said...

BRING 'EM ON