Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Do you ever...

dream about someone so realistically that you wake up and end up surprised to find yourself as you normally do, alone, with said person and circumstance nowhere to be seen? This has been happening alot these last few nights. I have been dreaming about someone that I have not talked to in a couple of months, and I'm not ready to suck it up and be the first to break the silence. No real legitimate reason other than fear of.... what, I'm not so sure. The old "they could always make contact if they wanted to" creeps in, and I stay quiet. Perhaps I'll do my best to stay awake all night tonight to avoid the morning's disappointment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know, i think if you're dreaming about it, it's obviously bothering you more than you care to mention. i say suck it up, it's not easy, but i don't think you're happy with the situation and you need to sleep.
(as for a gift for your brother, maybe snowboarding gear? does he read your blog, cuz you could ask for suggestions on here.

Philosophical Karen said...

Hmm...I don't know what to say, especially without knowing the particulars. If I think my subconscious is trying to give me a message, sometimes I use Tarot cards to give it a boost. But that's just me. ;-)

Evey said...

I am with BSTS on this one, suck it up and be the bigger person.

Of course I say that without really knowing the situation.

Jodi said...

Drop the person a card that says you were thinking about them. It is a good way to break the ice without feeling awkward. Then maybe the dreams would stop?

Shelley said...

I think I know what situation you are speaking of. I would extend the "olive branch" so to speak and just go for it. If you end up in the same place again of not speaking then noone can say you didn't try.