Thursday, October 12, 2006

Recent conversations with Sam...

While sitting with my friend and I as she is nursing her babe...

Sam: Those are pretty big, he must be getting alot of milk
My friend: yes he is getting lots of milk
Sam: I have small nipples, I could just feed a mouse!

On climbing into bed with Hud and I in the wee hours of the morning, burning up with fever....

Sam: My legs hurt, and my neck
Me: I'll rub your legs
Sam: I need some medicine
Hud: I'll get it
Sam: is that all? I think I need some more
Me: that's it Sam...lay down and try to sleep
Sam: I need to puke
Me: run to the bathroom
Sam: (from the bathroom) I really am, I'm going to puke in one minute!

While playing with his friend Mike, sending trucks off a ramp topped with a skateboard...

Mike: Cool!
Sam: That was impressive!!!

After climbing in bed with us again this morning...

Sam: why do I need to lay here and look at the ceiling?
Me: You don't...just close your eyes and we can all go back to sleep
Sam: I guess I'll just bug Dad!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh goodness! I had to laugh at the feeding a mouse!

Jamie Dawn said...

Cute!
I hope he doesn't try nursing a mouse. :)

Leslie said...

The things they say! LOL so cute.

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh this made me laugh!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

It's so neat to hear what those brains are thinking of. They're constantly going!