Monday, October 23, 2006

So it's monday....

and normally monday is a regularly scheduled day without too much room for spontanaity. Today however, Samea wasn't up for groceries, and I didn't need more than a couple of things so I went out by myself and then to grandmothers. Sally stopped in before I left and we had a chat and tea, which is always a treat. I got home sooner than I usually do, managed to have lunch at a reasonable time and then have been just puttering, purging stuff out of my house for Big Brothers and Sisters. It's amazing how much stuff one can accululate...

My dear friend was in a mood for a fight today, so I was happy to try and pick one with her. We read somewhere once that you are not really friends until you have had your first fight. We try but seem to fail at that part of our relationship. Actually everytime we try to fight we just end up in peals of laughter so I guess we are a hopeless case! I think I am happier this way...

After getting the mail, Sam was excited to pass me a little parcel from a garden friend. Inside were dayliliy seeds and a most appropriate book. I can't tell you how excited I am to plant the seeds and see what comes in two or three years! I knew the parcel was coming but not quite sure when, and today being a cold grey day the promise of new life is a welcome surprise. Thank you Karen for making my day!!!

Hud is out for floor hockey again tonight so I find myself alone. Seems to be alot of that lately. Meetings, weekends, etc. Good thing I have a new book to read!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Fun! I wish I had so much time to do "me" stuff.

Enjoy your book!

Anonymous said...

i can't imagine how having a fight with a friend makes for a better friendship. well, i'm glad you're able to laugh it off!

Philosophical Karen said...

Seemed a shame to waste a big envelope on just a few seeds. Hope you get some good information out of the book.

Oh, and thank you! This post made my Monday. ;-)

Jennifer said...

I have been wayy behind on blog reading lately and just soent a few miinutes getting caught up on your crew. I love the fall festival pictures. It looks like you all had great time. The children look great in all that denim!!!