Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh My....

I had a visit with Grandmother at the nursing home this morning. I joined her at her exercise class where they lift weights and throw a ball at one of the nurses. One lady started to cry when her turn was over, so the lady next to her started trying to soothe her. When that didn't work she told her to be quiet. Hard to keep from laughing out loud. Another lady scooted in behind me with her weelchair and first felt my purse saying it was lovely, and then rubbed my top telling me there was nothing wrong with it. I was glad to know that I passed inspection. We then went out for the most painful concert by a group named " Menmory Lane." Oddly enough they didn't all know the words to the songs. One gentleman came through the room kissing all the ladies and dancing and clapping. He was hilarious. So frail yet so full of the past!

On leaving I stopped to say bye to Edna, one of Grandmother's table mates, and she told me that I look younger everytime she sees me! I'm hoping she doesn't think that I am one of the residents!!!

Anyhoo....it's a beautiful day full of sun and wonderful breezes so I am off to play in the garden. Tonight is mom's coffee night which will be a nice break fom all the business of the last few days.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Sounds like a great day. And your Grandmothers home sounds really nice and not like some if the convelescent homes that I have seen.
Have a great coffee break tonight!

Shelley said...

LOL! You have such a way with words Alison! I could picture it all as clear as day! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Have a great day...see you after work (oh, and the CHILI was absolutely AWESOME! Thanks for my supper Monday night! Tee hee!)

Anonymous said...

lol!!!
have a wonderful night.