Saturday, February 05, 2005

Hair Cut From Hell !

So, I took the kids for haircuts. Well, for three of us as Daniel is growing his out. Anyway, I'm washed and the snipping has begun when I here a thud of sorts. Next out of my mirror I see Daniel holding his head and something running off it. I thought "Oh no, he's somehow had shampoo dumped on his head" ( thinking of Samuel....) As I jump out of my chair, I realize that it is dark in colour so I start thinking hairdye. WELL, it wasn't either of those two options, it was BLOOD and lots of it. The kid had split his head open on the corner of a shelf! I know head wounds bleed alot but this was ridiculous! So there I was , trying to hold his head together, shaking , looking at my other two thinking "what am I going to do?" Anyway, I had the hairdresser call my birth moms house and her husband came and got the younger two and Daniel and I went off to the childrens hospital. You need to remember that I was mid haircut.....
We were seen after waiting not too long. They tried to comb the blood out of his hair, which he did not appreciate, and then proceeded to glue his scalp back together. We opted for no stitches as it's where no-one will see it. The downside is that with the glue you need to wait 48 hours before he can wash his hair so we will look a treat at church tomorrow and school on monday.
So , here I remain hair partially cut, shopping not done, and birthday over....
It's all good. Everyone needs a little excitement and I guess I can be thankful it wasn't Sam this time.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such exciting times at your end of the world! Goodness, glad to hear everyone is okay! I keep trying to remind myself that without these little mishaps, life would be soooooo boring!

Jodi said...

Wow! That is quite a haircut story. I was expecting you to say you hated your new haircut.

I am glad everyone made it through okay. Are you going back to finish your haircut? Might I suggest a babysitter this time? ;)

pumpkinhead said...

Holy CRAP Lallison! See what I miss when I don't blog regularly!! That's insane! How did he ever manage to do that? I hope he's doing okay...