Monday, February 21, 2005

The weekend is over....

...and we survived!
The kids all got haircuts as you can see.
Claire had ballet, and couldn't stop flipping her new hair. Not sure it was worth being at class this week.
Daniel got his new snowboard but didn't make it to the hill. He hung out at a friends all afternoon on Saturday.
Sam managed to stay out of mischief. And he also demonstrated some very cool dance moves.
I went to the open house next door, feeling a little guilty as I wasn't interested in the house, I had just heard that they did a really nice job on their basement, and mine is baffling me as to how to put the bathroom in a spot that isn't the walkthrough to another room.
We went to the marriage course. It was communication night , otherwise known as fight night. We didn't fight , but we were to address an issue that had not been previously discussed. We got a little heated but we couldn't yell cos we were in a huge room with everyone else. The idea was to teach us how to listen effectively. " I have the napkin Al, it's my issue!" was heard a few times.... I'm a hard one to reform.
So, today is a day to wash the floors, clean some toilets, and bake some more cookies.

PS-Lori, we went to McD's for lunch on Sat. I thought of you the whole time. And I think I'll keep Marg, but I am more than willing to share!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I think it would be really tough to discuss an issue with my hubby in a room full of people. I would rather do that in private.

I am doing the cleaning stuff today too. Maybe I should through in some baking cookies too! LOL

It is snowing here today so I won't be doing anything else. Cookie dough, here I come! ;)

Lori said...

I am so jealous that you went to McDonalds! That is okay, I will live. I had a treat there last week from Andrea. And if you are going to be selfish with Margie and keep her, that is just fine. wink wink! I will just pout. I guess if I can't have her all sharing is the next best thing.