Thursday, February 10, 2005

Pet Peeve # 563

People and businesses who have answering machines but opt not to return calls. Why bother?!?
I have been trying for some months now to get in touch with someone regarding the import of Paulownia trees. They are a very rapid growing specimen (40 ft in under 5 yrs) and have beautiful foxglove like flowers. I feel very exposed in this house and thought this variety of tree would suit our place perfectly. The kicker is that they are not available in Canada. I did manage to get in touch with one grower in Georgia who didn't have a permit to ship to Canada unless I wanted 1500 trees. I have a few friends who are interested,but even if everyone I knew wanted a couple we would be far short. My last hope is a grower in North Carolina but he's the one ignoring my pleas.......
I sent him an e-mail today and am hoping that he will at the very least acknowledge it. Until then, I'm in search of other rapid growing trees.

2 comments:

pumpkinhead said...

You might try asking some of the local nurseries around to see if they'd be interesting in importing some. You never know! You could talk to Blomidon or some of the bigger places in the city...

Alison said...

Been there done that. Blomidon has been teying to get them for three years but to no avail. They won't import from the US.