Monday, February 14, 2005

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!

It's the day to celebrate LOVE!!!!!!!
I'm trying to get creative with supper but so far nothin'.
We started taking a marriage course last night and already we have learned a lot about each other and we've been married for almost 11 years. It's funny how we make assumptions about each other but really don't have a sweet clue what the other is all about, or what they they hold as important. I was way off in regards to Hud in a number of aspects. It will be interesting to see if this actually will change how we relate to each other on a daily basis.

As an aside.....I am still waiting to hear from three, count 'em, three people in regards to the Paulownia tree inquiry. Not one has replied in any form, and I am finding it most aggravating!

5 comments:

Margie said...

Good for you! That sounds like a great small group!

I love you and miss you!
XOXOXO
be sure to hug and kiss the kids for me!

Jodi said...

You can order them online at http://www.paulowniasupply.com/index.htm and several other places.

Just do a search and it pulls up lots of places you can get them at. They may be more spendy though. Good Luck!

Alison said...

Thanks Jodi,

Those are in fact one of the people I am waiting to hear from. I need to have certain things documented on a Phytosanitary certificate before I can get them imported and so far no-one I have tried to contact has replied. I need to have this document in hand.
My next option is just to order them and hope for the best but I am a little afraid to give them my credit card # and then have nothing in the end!

Jodi said...

There was an email you could contact them at on the page. Have you tried emailing them instead of calling? Just a thought.

Good Luck with your tree searching. :)

Jodi

Alison said...

Jodi, I have in fact e-mailed them and another two companies. One did reply last night and suggested that it is a challenge at customs. They sometimes hold the trees for so long that they die. He suggested I ship them to someone in the US and then have them carried across the border. I'll enlist my om and Margie in that endeavor.

Andrea, dinner was good. I went with chicken Kiev. Not bad I must say. Stuffed with butter , green onions and garlic.
The marriage course is really good. You could see about getting your SIL to offer it at thier church. It's the Alpha Marriage Course. They should be able to find it online.